Grantaire and Enjolras gearing up for an argument that will probably be laden with sexual tension
Courfeyrac and Combeferre just roll their eyes and sit back with a bag of popcorn
"do you perm—"
one of the soldiers shoots Grantaire from the back mid-sentence.
"THEY WERE HAVING A MOMENT GÉRALD WHAT THE FUCK”
Grantaire gets lost at a Christmas market he goes to with his friends and they find him a few hours later covered in glitter with a bow stuck to his forehead mumbling about elves and saying shit like “I’ve seen some things, man”
Today is Racist Fuckery (10.20.14): At yesterday’s protest outside the St Louis Rams game, racist fans got rowdy and physical. Who got arrested? Two of the protesters, of course. Mike Brown means we have to fight back. #staywoke
I’m so much cooler on tumblr than in real life but I’m not even cool on tumblr
*Fox News voice* Was slavery really about race???
I tried like a rita hayworth wavy thing with my hair??
Over did my hair bc freakshow and now im just really overdone for work for no reason
- Keene State #PumpkinFest Riots (x) (x) Video of cops standing around as glass bottles are thrown. Keene is not Ferguson — Despite police, fires, and tear gas. Keene College Administration tries to blame “out of town visitors” for riots.
- West Virginia Mountaineers win, students celebrate by rioting
- Fan at the Rams game reportedly spit on a protester, fight ensues. 2 protesters, mother and daughter, arrested. (storify) (video)
- "Not Made for TV: Ferguson reflections by Kelly Hayes
- 13 y/o protester had his drums broken by police during the Boycott Walmart event (video) Donate here.
- America’s Justice System Is Not Colorblind (and Neither Are You)
- Donate to Lost Voices
- Kids join the protests (storify)
- #OccupySLU ends peacefully, University president responds
- Ferguson on knife edge of more violence after grand jury evidence leak showing struggle
TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ITALY ROME MAYOR MARINO REGISTERS 16 GAY MARRIAGES CELEBRATED ABROAD.
- Gay marriage is, as of now, illegal in Italy;
- Rome Mayor Ignazio Marino, in open opposition to the italian legislation, defiantly registered the marriage of 16 gay couples, many with children, that had been celebrated abroad. After receiving a standing ovation in the Protomoteca, he stated “This is a special day for many of you, but for me and for Rome as well. […] Laws are meant to allow the same rights to everybody […] Today we’re just registering, but we’ll go ahead. And I know, we’ll go ahead together.”
- Interior Minister Angelino Alfano harshly contested the Mayor, claiming he was basically just “signing autographs” since the italian legislation doesn’t allow gay marriages;
- Rome Prefect vowed to back the Minister’s stance, commanding Marino to stop or he would make the registrations void. Marino replied he’d defend his choice to the end;
- The Italian Bishops’ Conference (CEI) stated it was “an unacceptable presuntion” to undertake such an action during the last day of a summit on the Synod of family;
- On the stairs to the Capitol, next to those who celebrated, protestants manifested their disapproval. About 70 esponents from right wing organizations were blocked near the Capitol; the police headquarters pressed charges against the promoters of the unauthorized protest.